Looking back on the past year, I realize that I've accomplished quite a few things! Got some things done, experienced some new things, bettered myself and my skills.
- In May I was a winner of a major scrapbooking contest, PKPT! Woohoo! That was exciting.
- I improved my photography and Photoshop skills, learned how to properly process my photos. I've come a long way from when all I knew to do was adjust the contrast (and I actually thought that looked good). I think if Hurricane Katrina had not happened, I might never have delved into color conversions, thanks to Amber Ludlow. Something good that came out of something bad. There's always more to learn, however. Looking forward to it.
- 2 vacations to new places: Las Vegas and New York City.
- A major house project was completed in February, which was renovating one of our bedrooms into my scrapbook room. Thanks to Dan's help! I painted for weeks. New walls, molding, ceiling, flooring, furniture.
- I enjoyed going home to NC four times this year. I don't normally get to go home that much.
- With the gift of (what is now regarded as a very cool vintage) sewing machine from my MIL, I began sewing on my scrapbook pages and had a blast! I don't know what I'd do without it.
Dave also had an exciting year!
- This was the year of the PSP in March, and the XBOX 360 in November.
- He also got to experience Vegas and NYC for the first time
- This summer he took up power yoga and running, and lost lots of weight. It is really impressive to see his yoga moves! I can't even do that stuff like he can.
- he learned to like and enjoy Indian food! SO exciting for me. Someone to share ethnic food with.
- He had an awesome dental year... was fortunate to find a dentist he's really comfortable with, and she took a very active role in his dental treatment. One year and lots of resin later, he's all fixed up! He should be very proud of himself for stepping up to the plate!