Happy New Year! I thought I might do a year-end recap and revisit some of my favorite things about this year.
- #1 best thing was obviously Drew's birth. But you knew that.
- Quitting my job!
- Having my baby shower in May and being SO surprised, and even my mother was there! ::cry cry cry::
- Going home to NC back in February, last time I could travel before I got too big.
- I had a few photo opportunities that really stand out to me this year, where I did some work I am really proud of: Heather's wedding, Karen's Mother's Day shoot and Christmas shoot, some of Drew's portraits.
- Having my parents come up in July, and then my mom again in October.
- Dave gave me 2 new camera lenses this summer which I have used pretty much exclusively since then.
- getting back my freedom and independence... I felt trapped for so long inside my own body from the pregnancy and then after the surgery. As the summer and fall went along I got back to feeling like my old self and could move around much better.
- Dave's Dad's retirement. He retired right around the same time I had Drew so we've both been unemployed for about the same amount of time...and loving it!
- Dave's sister and her kids came to visit in July from Oregon and that is always one of my favorite events of the year! We have such fun, and get to go cool places.
- I turned 30!
- I planted a ton of new plants late in the summer, can't even think of what all right now. Can't wait to rediscover it all in the spring.
- Halloween was awesome this year with Drew, and I think they'll just keep getting better as he gets older. Christmas was a blast also, it was really special this year.
Some of my not favorite moments which I will not dwell on too much, but they were a part of the 2007 experience:
- C-section. Ugh. We all know how fun that was.
- Chipmunks ate my whole garden and countless hostas and bulbs.
- Poor little Jake died, little did we know that Easter was the last time we would see him.
- Constantly living at the doctor's office in the last 10 weeks, with a minimum of 2-3 visits per week for nonstress tests.