Actually it was yesterday...
- He's a sippy cup pro! I guess he just needed some practice with it, because he nailed it in less than a week. Now he can tip it waaaay up to get everything he wants. We got him some new ones in different styles and he likes all of them. You can find a list of BPA-free cups here.
- He now guzzles milk like there's no tomorrow. The first day he had it, he drank 1 oz (total). The second day, he drank 3 oz. The third day, he drank 7 oz. The fourth day, he drank 10 oz. Fifth day, 11 oz. I think I'm supposed to cut him off at 16 oz for the day, LOL. Now I just give him 5 oz with each meal, and he drains it to the last drop. I think it really helps to fill him up, too, which is great.
- Meal times are getting super-messy. Now he wants to help with the spoon, dip his hands in everything, smear it all over his tray, squish it in his hands, and fling and throw and sling. Yuck.
- He stands all the time now, for a good length of time. It's so strange to see him just casually standing there chugging his sippy cup.
- The walking is really coming along so fast, I can't believe how much progress there is from one day to the next. One week ago I posted that first video, and now he's walking all the way across the screened porch by himself.
- He's been soooooo cute. His personality is really coming out. He's laughing, smiling, doing such funny noises that I can't even explain, hopping up and down, spinning in circles on his butt, leaning as faaaaaar back as he possibly can without falling, doing these crazy bursts of clapping and slapping his legs, playing with balls. I love his dimple and his wild guffaw laughter.
- He's understanding more complex things. If Dave is in his office and we're in the kitchen, I'll say to Drew "Go see Daddy." And he'll turn and thunder down the hall to the office where Dave is.
- After being in size 4 diapers for like.... 6 months now at least.... I'm starting to be able to tell that he's growing again because I can't get the tabs as close together as I used to. He was wearing size 4 before he even reached the weight range for it, I do not understand why that was, but the size 3 just absolutely did not fit him. I think it's because he's so tall and the 3s didn't come up high enough to cover everything, and they leaked everywhere.
- The kid eats like a PIG and does not seem to gain much weight. I swear I do nothing but feed him all day long (or else try to distract him to get his mind off of eating). And then sometimes he doesn't want to do anything but play with his food, so I guess what they say is true--sometimes they are starving and other times you can't get them to eat anything.
He's not waving yet, but more and more often I catch him waving at himself, doing the backwards wave facing himself and studying the way his hands move very intently.Just yesterday, on the day of his 13th month birthday, he finally waved after being prompted! I waved at him, and asked him to wave at me, and he did it! It just melted my heart, it was the cutest thing. Now he waves all the time, and when Dave came home he did it for him too.
- He got some stacking cups for his birthday, and now he can stack 3-4 cups in a tower! With a small amount of help from me to hold the bottom ones still. But he so has the idea.
Here is a video of crazy baby humor.... Drew thought Daddy's toes were soooooo hysterical.