Since my sweetie is turning 33 today I thought I'd tell you 33 things about him that you may not know:
- he makes his own homemade popcorn. Ever since we saw the Alton Brown show on popcorn, he's never made microwave! With some kernels, oil, butter, and salt he makes a mean batch of real popcorn.
- I've known Dave since 1994, lived with him since 2001, been married to him since 2003 and it was only in May 2007 that I learned that he likes EITHER mayo or mustard on a sandwich. NEVER both together at once. Who knew????
- He someday wants a golden retriever named Hunter (male or female, name applies to either)
- He hates citrus in any form except orange juice. Anything other than that, he hates. Even lemon squares! How do you hate lemon squares?
- He cuts some mean diced tomatoes!!! I always ask him to do it because he gets all the nasty guts out, and cuts them all uniformly and tiny.
- He likes plain Duncan Hines orange cake, no icing. Every year I try to jazz it up, make it more interesting, do something YUMMY with it and he always says "can't you just make it right out of the box?"
- He is very knowledgable about fighter planes and various aircraft.
- Since living with me he went from not knowing what a hosta is to being able to identify one absolutely anywhere, even the tiniest sprout of one. He also has learned the names of most of the other plants I grow.
- He used to have a Jeep Wrangler but he sold it when I moved up here to save money. He vows he WILL have one again someday.
- He asks me to buy a lottery ticket everytime I go to the grocery store in the hopes that one day he can stop working too. :)
- He's a great friend to his buddy Dan who he grew up with. They often exchange favors like helping to cut down trees in exchange for borrowing a log splitter. Or helping clean the horse pasture in exchange for firewood. One summer Dan let us borrow his vintage Simplicity tractor so Dave could use it to haul woodpiles all around the woods.
- He's a great dad and is not helpless at all. I never have to tell him how to do something, or where something is.
- He is generous to a fault when it comes to buying gifts for family. He definitely believes in spoiling loved ones.
- His car is an absolute pig sty.
- He has a pile of Pepsi caps that need to be entered for Pepsi Points. We will be finding these things for ten years.
- He likes to read. He usually reads a little bit before going to bed.
- He watches really REALLY bad movies. I can't even believe some of the titles he gets from Netflix.
Okay so I didn't quite make it to 33 yet..... but there are way more than 33 reasons to love him!